Zucchini spaghetti with beef Bolognese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800 g lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 65 g tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Black pepper
- 6 medium peeled zucchini
Nutritional values (per serving):
|Total carbs:||9.4 g|
|Total fat:||13.7 g|
|Saturated fat:||3.9 g|
- In a large saucepan, sauté beef over medium-high heat until browned.
- Once meat is cooked, drain the fat.
- Add olive oil and onions.
- Sauté until onions are translucent, ≈5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, thyme, and oregano.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Zucchini pasta:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add zucchini and boil for ≈45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season the zucchini with pepper.
- Spiral the zucchini into pasta.
- Sauté the zucchini pasta until desired tenderness is achieved, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place pasta on a plate and top with Bolognese sauce.
Be careful with the tomato paste, which contains a lot of salt. When you use some in a recipe, don’t forget to taste before adding salt.
Photo credit: miss_yasmina via Visualhunt