Turkey meatball pita sandwich
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 g each ground cumin and black pepper
- 2 (separate) pinches of salt
- 400 g ground turkey
- 3 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 10 mL canola oil
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 100 g red lettuce leaves, chopped
- 60 mL plain low-fat yogurt
Nutritional values (per serving):
|Total carbs:||39.2 g|
|Total fat:||4.5 g|
|Saturated fat:||0.6 g|
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, half of the cumin, 1 pinch of salt, half of the black pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, coriander, the remaining cumin, salt, and black pepper. Shape into 12 meatballs.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs.
- For each pita: add 4 meatballs, 25 g lettuce, 30 g tomato mixture, and 15 mL yogurt.
Turkey fillets are considered as a lean meat because of their low fat content. They are a good source of protein! (Source: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/food/lean-meat.html)