Sweet potato pie
- 320 g cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 110 g packed light-brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 g ground cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 100 g low-fat yogurt
- 60 mL milk
- 1 uncooked prepared pie shell for a 22-cm pie pan
- 12 pecan halves
Nutritional values (per serving):
|Total carbs:||33 g|
|Total fat:||9 g|
|Saturated fat:||4 g|
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs; mix in the yogurt with milk. Add to the sweet potato mixture and mix well.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into the pie shell. Place the pecans in a circle around the outside edge of the pie.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Prepared pie shells can save time and effort for those in a hurry. However, make the right choice by preferring shortcrust pastry, which contains less saturated fat than a shortbread crust or a puff pastry.