Summer couscous salad
- 2 g lemon zest, finely grated
- 130 g cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 30 g fresh herbs, chopped (eg, fresh parsley, cilantro, basil, dill, and/or mint)
- 20 g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 240 g couscous
- 60 mL olive oil
- 5 g Dijon mustard
- 30 mL fresh lemon juice
Nutritional values (per serving):
|Total carbs:||45 g|
|Total fat:||14 g|
|Saturated fat:||2 g|
- Toasted walnuts: Preheat oven to 175°C. Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast 5-10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until they are slightly darker on the outside.
- In a large saucepan, bring about 2 L of water to a boil. Add couscous and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- While the couscous is cooking, mix the oil, mustard, lemon juice, and lemon zest and ≈0.5 g pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, pour dressing over warm couscous, mix well.
- Add cucumber, tomato, herbs, and walnuts to the couscous and stir.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and/or pepper as needed.
Think about mustard for your vinaigrettes and sauces. It’s low-fat and has an intense flavor!