Smoked ham and corn salad
- 80 g low-fat sour cream
- 2 g paprika, preferably smoked
- 400 g trimmed lettuce (about 1 large head) or mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 150 g fresh corn kernels (from 1 large ear)
- 40 g croutons, preferably whole-grain
- ≈100 g smoked ham, diced
- 30 mL distilled white vinegar
Nutritional values (per serving):
|Total carbs:||16 g|
|Total fat:||7 g|
|Saturated fat:||2.6 g|
- Whisk sour cream, vinegar, paprika, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add lettuce or salad greens, tomato, corn, croutons, and ham.
- Toss to coat.
Homemade is often better. Tastier and healthier! For example, you can oven bake your own croutons with old bread softly sprinkled with olive oil and Provencal herbs. Their salt and fat content is lower.