Banana kiwi salad
- 30 mL lime juice
- 15 mL canola oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 10 mL rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 firm ripe bananas, peeled and cut diagonally into 2.5 cm thick slices
- 50 g red bell pepper, diced finely
- 4 leaves of fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 15 g chopped cashews, toasted
Nutritional values (per serving):
|Total carbs:||19.5 g|
|Total fat:||6.3 g|
|Saturated fat:||0.8 g|
- In a medium bowl, whisk lime juice, oil, shallot, vinegar, honey, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add kiwis, bananas, bell pepper, and mint to the bowl. Toss to coat.
- In a skillet, toast chopped cashews over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until lightly browned.
- Serve sprinkled with cashews
A fruit salad as a dessert is a good way to end a meal: it will provide a lot of vitamins and minerals, and also dietary fiber, which plays an important role in satiety.