Lemony lentil salad with salmon
- 80 mL lemon juice
- 1 bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 30 mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 100 g seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 300 g brown or green lentils
- 2 can salmon (150 g), drained and flaked
Nutritional values (per serving):
|Total carbs:||43.8 g|
|Total fat:||13.7 g|
|Saturated fat:||1.4 g|
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, dill, mustard, salt, pepper and gradually whisk in oil.
- In a saucepan, cover lentils with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook about 20 minutes for green lentils and 30 minutes for brown. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine bell pepper, cucumber, onion, lentils, and salmon.
- Add sauce and toss to coat.
This complete meal is balanced: it provides proteins, complex carbohydrates, fibers, and a valuable amount of unsaturated fat at the same time.
Photo credit: jules:stonesoup via Visualhunt.com