Hummus and tortilla chips
- 500 mL of chickpeas
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chopped sweet onion
- 125 mL of low-fat plain yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of ground cumin
- Pinch of pepper and salt
- 4 round wheat flour tortillas
Nutritional values (per serving):
|Total carbs:||28.9 g|
|Total fat:||5.6 g|
|Saturated fat:||1.4 g|
- In a blender, mix the chickpeas with the onion and garlic until the blend has a paste-like texture. Add the yoghurt, lemon juice, and cumin and continue to blend until the texture is smooth. Add salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut the tortillas into triangles. Place on baking sheet and bake at 150ºC for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp and golden.
Don’t hesitate to add a touch of color to your hummus mixing chickpeas with beetroots or peppers. It’s a way to add more vitamins and minerals to your recipe!
Reference: Canadian Diabetes Association