- 1 avocado
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- Half a red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoons (30 mL) of canola oil
Nutritional values (per serving):
|Total carbs:||4.6 g|
|Total fat:||11.6 g|
|Saturated fat:||1.5 g|
- Add the canola oil to a frying pan and preheat on your stove to a medium-to-high heat.
- Coarsely dice your zucchini and red bell pepper. Finely slice and dice your onion. Add these to the frying pan and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from the stove and place in a medium-sized bowl. Peel and core the avocado and, with a fork, mash it in with the other ingredients.
- Add squeezed lime juice and finely chopped coriander and mix in.
- Refrigerate until served.
Avocado is one of the fruits with the highest fat content, around 14%. But the good news is that two-thirds of its fats are unsaturated and valuable for cardiovascular health. Be careful with added fats when you use it in a recipe.
Reference: Canadian Diabetes Association