Chickpea and kale salad
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 455-680 g kale, ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 250 mL reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 g ground coriander
- 1 can (425 g) chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 g ground cumin
- 15 mL extra-virgin olive oil
Nutritional values (per serving):
|Total carbs:||27 g|
|Total fat:||4.9 g|
|Saturated fat:||0.6 g|
- Prepare kale: remove the tough ribs, chop and wash, allowing some water to cling to the leaves, as the moisture will help steam the kale during the first stages of cooking.
- Heat oil in a casserole dish over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add kale. Cook tossing with two large spoons, until bright green, about 1 minute. Add broth, coriander, and cumin.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the kale is tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas, cover and cook until the chickpeas are heated through, 1-2 minutes.
The chickpea is valuable pulse because it provides both complex carbs and plant proteins. Besides, it can be eaten hot or cold, according to your taste!