- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 400 g chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 400 g small vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Mild chili powder
Nutritional values (per serving):
|Total carbs:||27.9 g|
|Total fat:||8.6 g|
|Saturated fat:||1.5 g|
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Tomato salsa: In a bowl, combine the red onion, tomatoes, garlic, and coriander leaves. Add some pepper, cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken, spices and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven for 4 minutes. Divide chicken mixture between each tortilla, add a couple tablespoons of tomato salsa and some lettuce. Roll up and serve warm.
Did you know that yellow pepper is a natural source of vitamin C? Eat peppers raw to get more vitamin C!